Saturday, November 14, 2009

Student teaching in Northern Illinois: what are the best schools?

I will be student teaching at the end of my undergrad in a few years and I would love to know from former student teachers and current Illinois teachers what some of the best high schools in the North/Northwest Suburbs of Chicago are, not just from what you've read in US News and World Report, but from personal experiences and from word of mouth--especially if you student-taught there! Any other advice or tips about student teaching and how to survive it and prepare for it are also appreciated!

Student teaching in Northern Illinois: what are the best schools?
I haven't taught in Illinois, but I have taught for many years with the ESL program and with a Community College. I did find some sites below on schools in the Chicago area which might assist you in your decision. My advice, if you are serious about teaching, consider teaching at a Community College. There is a world of difference from K-12.


No comments:

Post a Comment