Thursday, November 19, 2009

Student loans and home loans?

I know that student loan payments are taken into account as part of your debt when buying a home. But what about if you're still in school and you aren't making student loan payments yet? We're looking to buy a house in about 5 mos. and in may I'll graduate with a BA, I've include my estimated conslidated student loan payment in our debt. However my husband is entering grad school and we won't be paying back his loans for another 3 yrs. But will that still affect how much we can borrow now for a home?

Student loans and home loans?
Source a fair bit of information from the net on loans for those in your situation. Write it all down and then apply this to your income and spending.
Reply:I just took out a second on my house, and my wife is in her 2nd year of college. We wont start paying on her loans until after she graduates either, and the loans did not show up on our credit report for the 2nd loan.


No comments:

Post a Comment