Thursday, November 19, 2009

Buying a Melodica ... student models? Best values?

Hi


I am looking to buy a melodica. At some point, I'm hoping to work it into performances with the band I'm in, but there's of course a chance I could decide I don't like how the sound meshes and end up not ever using it in a performance.





I'm trying to figure out whether to buy a student model, which runs $40 or so (specifically the Hohner S32), or a more advanced model, which I'm guessing is better made (most likely the Hohner HM32, which runs about $100 or so). If I'm not sure I'm going to take a serious interest in the instrument, should I play it safe and get the student model, or is there a substantial difference in the quality of sound and ease of playing a more advanced model? Someone mentioned to me that student models generally have smaller keys; I have big hands, so this could pose a problem, but I was hoping to confirm that that was the case with student models.





I guess the crux of this question is, what are the disadvantages of buying a student model? Thanks...

Buying a Melodica ... student models? Best values?
wow i didn't know those things were still around. i had one when i was little, and i think it was a more advanced model. if you are going to buy one for yourself, you should go ahead with the more advanced model. sounds like you are more advanced with music anyway. plus you have bigger fingers. i would think student models are made cheaper, since kids aren't as responsible and have more of a chance to break them.

tooth ache

No comments:

Post a Comment