Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Student loans/buying a house?

I am 21. I have $17,000 in student loans I am currently paying back to a private loan company. My fiance and I want to buy a house. We want to get a house with equity (a house costing no more than $70k). and add my student loan debt to the mortgage. Is this possible? What are my chances of qualifying for this type of loan? I have 3 years of perfect credit. (2 credit cards and I have paid off 2 student loans). Who do I talk to about this subject? What would you suggest?

Student loans/buying a house?
Why not go to your bank and discuss this with the mortgage officer? I think that would be your best bet. I'm confused by what you mean with get a "house with equity". Equity is the part of the house that is paid off. One hopes that it will increase as one makes payments - but it actually fluctuates with the market.
Reply:With the costs of schooling so high, many students run into trouble paying their bills and end up with bad credit. Now you may be scared into thinking you cannot complete your education! However, there is still hope for cleaning up these financial messes%26lt;!--You can get student loans with bad credit from the government. The interest rates are low compared to other types of loans. If you go through a lender, your interest could be higher. There are different types of student loans with bad credit. . If you are an undergraduate or new student, two of the best student loans with bad credit are the Federal Perkins and the Stafford Loan. Both offer low interest for students.





http://best-loans.awardspace.com/student...





Lets face it, getting a loan with bad credit is hard. You should try for one yourself first, and then if you don't get approved, find a co-signer. These issues with credit created student loans for people with bad credit. There are different types of loans in this category, one being the signature loan. Signature loans are activated--%26gt;after the receipt of a signed activation letter. Such a loan does not require a co-signer or collateral like other loans. If you have bad credit or no credit, your parents can help by getting a PLUS loan to help pay your education expenses.


No comments:

Post a Comment