Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Student loan comparison help?

I understand that although this topic should be the last on my mind, I can't help being prepared for the worst. I applied to 4 colleges...two I REALLY want to attend and two that are good institutes but further away. I'm waiting on my old high school teacher to reply to my transcript request (Which I may add is the most difficult thing to acquire. It's as if they don't care after a student graduates high school. I understand they are busy but a simple reply is all i ask). I have applied to smaller scholarships, and upon acceptance I will have another pool of scholarships to choose from. I'm not niave however. I will need to take out a student loan, the problem is that I am not sure which company won't screw me over in the long run and the best choice for me to take since I do not qualify for federal aide and my mother forbids me to use her for a cosigner. Another rant= The FAFSA in theory is an excellent idea except for students whose parents make too much money but dont intend to help

Student loan comparison help?
In all honesty, all student loan companies will do their best to work with you but if you REFUSE to pay, then that's a different ballgame. If you take out federal loans, the collection practices of these loan companies are essentially mandated by federal rules and regulations which the lender/servicer must follow.





For private loans, it's completely different... they are not federally guaranteed so lenders/servicers will do whatever they need to do to get their money back. But with private loans, you stand a much better chance of being able to negotiate a settlement with the company or the company's collection agency in order to "fulfil" your loan obligation.





Don't go with a flash in the pan company or a no name company... those are shady and may come back to bite you...go with a reputable company that has an established history.
Reply:My daughter is all set up for college this fall. What is taking your school so long? My daughter worked closely with her guidance councilor for help. Have you asked your's for help? They should be giving you all the good advise they can give you...[And even more]!


Good Luck And Good Future To You!

dental equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment