Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Student + credit + upcoming classes = limbo!?

Okay, so here's the situation in simple form.





boy gets credit card. goes wild. maxes out 2. owes lots (nearly $10000 at one point). [one card 61-90 late, other 31-60 late].


student loan kicks in. (security blanket!) student survives and pays on-time from october - december. student loan keels over and dies.


boy bewildered. has winter classes (01/02 - 22). doesn't want to drop them. must wait for mid-february for next warm blanket.





So essentially, my credit is f***ed up and I'm wondering how I could procure a loan that would take care of my credit card bill for approximately two months. searching online for "bad credit loans" have given me not much more than a bad case of paranoia, sooo... why not ask the knowledgeable people at y! answers? (Mind you, I've tried prosper and have been told that my credit score's too low.)





And as an added question, how should I go about asking a friend for help if it comes down to it? bad karma, but if necessary...





thanks!

Student + credit + upcoming classes = limbo!?
Whatever you do, do not make the same mistakes I have made. While I never ran late on my payments, I have, since I was 20, been just shuffeling debt around instead of just taking care of the issue. So then one day you wake up and you are 37 and suddenly realize what an idiot you have been... DO NOT under any circumstances get any other loan....Get a job and eliminate the debt....
Reply:boy should get a part time job.


boy's monthly payment shouldn't be more then 250 a month


boy should learn from his mistake


boy should take a course in personal finance.





Really. You are just digging yourself deeper with the credit cards and student loans. Are you working at all.





What about the summer? Based on your post from last summer, you didn't work. WHY??


No comments:

Post a Comment