Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Student account?

im starting uni in mid september. i have already changed my basic deposit account to a student one with the bank of ireland, but cant access the cool stuff (debit card, etc) until im a student. in the past week i have recieved confirmation of both my place at uni from UCAS, and that my student loan has been approved. is this enough to go to the bank with, or do i have to wait until i actually start my course?

Student account?
Tha bank should accept your two confirmations. You need to set up your account before your start at uni in order to get settled in. If the bank drag their feet, try another bank. Have fun at uni (I'm so jealous, seems like a long time ago now!). It's not really that long though, so i keep telling myself!
Reply:No you just need the UCAS letter I think, I opened mine with Northern bank before I'd officially registered at my uni so that's good enough, I don't think I even had to show them the letter with how much loan I was getting.


No comments:

Post a Comment