Saturday, November 14, 2009

Student and teacher friendships?

I am a junior in high school and I really admire a teacher at my school. We have the same views on things and we like the same things, but he doesn't know I like the same things he does and that I share his viewpoints. He says he enjoys having personal relationships with students (friendship relations, not romantic), but he seems like he has a wall around him or something. He seems serious and it seems hard to befriend him. (And I have a hard time making friends because I am shy). I understand about student-teacher romantic relationships, but that is not what I am looking for. I know different teachers have different "limits" as to how close a friendship they are willing to have with students. I have had some teachers who are really close to the students in my class and some who only discuss class-associated things. But anyway, this particular teacher does have student friends (some of whom he talks to in my class, others after class). My question is, how can I become friends with him?

Student and teacher friendships?
To befriend a teacher, you're going to have to put your shyness aside. Shyness is a wall between forming new friendships. Maybe ask this teacher for some after-school tutoring, or ask this teacher for his/her help with a project. After you get to know him/her a little better, maybe ask him/her for advice with a problem you're having--teachers are flattered when students come to them with their problems. Maybe discuss something universal with your teacher, like politics, religion or prime-time entertainment.
Reply:put you r shyeness aside

tooth fairy

No comments:

Post a Comment